Plumbing repairs are a big topic around Thanksgiving, and our plumbers can help prevent costly plumbing repairs. The day after Thanksgiving is one of the busiest days for plumbing repairs of the year. This has to do with the extra use of plumbing including more use of the kitchen sink, dishwasher, and garbage disposal in preparation for the big meal.
Many times the bathrooms get more use too because family and friends are in the home. All of this extra use can put a strain on your plumbing and require costly repairs. We have put together five tips for this post on how to avoid these costly plumbing repairs.
- Dispose grease and oil in a container (like a coffee can) and throw it in the garbage. Grease and oil solidifies when it cools in the drain and causes a nasty clog. For more info, please read the article on how to dispose cooking oil.
- Be careful of the things you put in your garbage disposal. Things like potatoes and green beans can be fibrous enough to cause a jammed garbage disposal. It is a good idea to keep a strainer, or plug over the garbage disposal when not in use. This will prevent silverware from getting lodged in it. Another good idea is to not put food into the disposal until it is turned on. This will also prevent jamming.
- Keep small objects in bathroom out of a child’s reach. Clogs can happen in a bathroom due to children dropping things in sinks and toilets. Just think of how many things one unattended child could put in a drain in under a minute. For example: Q-tips, cotton balls, hair spray caps, wash clothes etc.
- If relatives are staying at your home it might be a good idea to put a strainer over the drain in your shower. With more people using a shower the chance of a hair clog in the drain is increased. You can avoid a clog by using a strainer that prevents hair from entering the drain.
- Make sure dishes are partially clean before running the dishwasher. Food particles, oil, and grease can clog your dishwasher drain just like any other drain. Scrape dishes in the garbage, or garbage disposal and give a quick rinse before putting in the dishwasher. If you are left with a dishwasher full of water after the cycle you can be pretty sure the drain is clogged.
A to Z Statewide Plumbing is a Miami based plumbing contractor. We offer 24-7 plumbing repair service in Miami Beach and all Hollywood areas.. Please call 1-800-930-1123!
Visit http://www.atozstatewideplumbing.com/plumbing-service-florida to see a full list of services, and service area.
Additional resources for Miami Plumbers
- Tankless water heaters Miami
- Plumbing services Miami
- Emergency plumbing Miami
- Leak detection Miami
- Miami septic tank cleaning cost